I need a kick in the derriere to get my austerity mojo going again, so here I am, hoping that blog accountability will do the trick. Here’s a list of all the things I hope to do between now and the end of September (That gives me a month with the kids back at school…. Sorry, if they are available for hanging out, I am hanging out with them.)…
- Number one’s a biggie… Finish sorting through my mom’s belongings that live in our garage. I gave up last year when it got to be too much. I think I can face it again now.
- With regard to #1, there is a dresser of hers that is just waiting for a coat of paint (leftover from one of the bathrooms) and new knobs (purchased over a year ago). Glenn and I can then each have our own dresser. Married almost 24 years and we still share a dresser.
- Pare down Nick’s belongings. The kid is sentimental about certain possessions he’s outgrown and needs a little nudge to part with toys he no longer plays with. It’s time.
- Complete the book purge. Glenn did his part nicely and then I choked. Maybe I need to send out invitations and have a book exchange. I could even stay within austerity guidelines (such a purist) and make it potluck. (Ginnie!!)
- Get creative and work on Glenn’s birthday present which I will need in October. (sssshhhh….)
- Release my inner Julia Child. Put a cork in my inner Nigella. A cork, not a cupcake.
And that’s about it. I’m a realist. I could keep coming up with things, but it would make doing anything on the list a slim reality. I should also say that it is my intention not to miss another blog post, but, in theory, that goes without saying. 😉 s. xoxo
p.s. While surfing around looking for a fun list-ish image to post, I found the following list that I thought I’d share. I enjoyed it.